Monday, June 30, 2008

Happy Zindependance!

It's the last day of June, and as summer wears on, there are more and more wine events filling my calendar. Even though I try to pick events that are new and exciting, sometimes you just can't resist.

I am looking forward to the long weekend which is only...um four more days away. Now that the smoke has cleared and the fog is back, i can actually breathe and will probably be looking for a BBQ or two. As luck would have it, there are some new events to choose from so I won't be bored.

Pinot Days was nice, but I didn't find anything new that knocked my socks off, sadly. Maybe I'm just becoming jaded? Or maybe it's just that I didn't swallow as much wine and I could / should have. There is something in the ceremony of spitting that loses some of that delicious pinot flavor.

Other than the Urbano open house this weekend, Mounts Family Winery is also having an open house up in Dry Creek. This is a great opportunity to taste their small lot wines, since they are not open to the public every weekend.

Mounts will be hosting a BBQ and Wine tasting on Saturday & Sunday, while they will be open for tasting on the 4th itself.

If you're in to beer, and let's face it, who isn't! Around the World in 80 Beers is having it's July installment at O'Neill's pub in Ghiradelli Square on Saturday. Goldstar has half-price tickets if you are interested.

No comments: