Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Bottle Shock!



Bottle Shock
is about to be released!
Picture it.
Paris.
1976.
Scions of the wine industry gather in Paris for the annual Judgment of Paris wine competition.
In a blind tasting, Chardonnay and Cabernet Sauvignon from France and California were pitted against each other, where, shockingly California won and changed the wine world forever.

On August 6th, the film adapted from the book Judgement of Paris: California vs. France and the Historic 1976 Paris Tasting That Revolutionized Wine by George Taber, opens to audiences here in the heart of California wine county. To help celebrate the 22nd anniversary of this epic victory for American wine, Crushpad is hosting a premier party to celebrate our victory over the French. Come celebrate with us by tasting a recreation of the Paris competition, and then join us at the Kabuki for a screening of the movie.

Details to follow soon. You can watch the official trailer below for your entertainment!

4 comments:

Bergerman said...

I think this looks really funny! And it's getting good reviews. I have a friend who saw it at a screening and she said she liked it just as much as "Sideways," which is one of my favorites (and hers), so now Im really interested in seeing this...

Btw, for those who like to do wine tasting, I saw they are giving away a free four-day trip to LA for a food and wine giveaway via the film's website....

Unknown said...

I saw that thing about the free trip too! Looks amazing. I just entered to win and I hope I do because my husband would just love it and otherwise we have to wait a few more weeks to see the movie because of the limited release. I think it's Aug 6th, then the 14th, and then we finally get it on the 22nd....can't wait!

I'm glad to hear good things about it. I loved Sideways and this looks different but just as incredible.

The Wine Brat said...

I am really excited about this too. I loved the book, and I have been seeing clips of the film left, right and *ahem* Sideways!

Good eyes Melissa & Bergerman! I am really looking forward to this event and I hope one of our very own Luscious Lushes wins the trip!

Hope to see you there.

Unknown said...

Maui Film Festival was a wonder, but as a wine and movie connoisseur, I loved bottle shock. Chris Pine, Alan Rickman, and Freddy Rodriguez put on a sensational performance, and got me to go out and buy a bottle of the Chateau Montelena Chardonnay right after the movie. Great cast, great soundtrack, I highly recommend this movie.